Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Zendala Dare 47 - "Losing It"

I love this template and the additional challenge of losing some of it. I decided to include the template with my post instead of linking to it as it was easier to draw the parts lost than to describe it in words. The parts highlighted in pink (sorry it's so shaky caused by shaky mouse operator) are the parts that I "lost".





Tangles used: Black pearls, Claws, Joy, Pearls, Pepper (modified), and Squid.

I was so busy last week that I didn't get a chance to look at all the posts for Dare 46 and I haven't looked at dare 47 either. However I was having fun. I had my son and his family staying with me. His kids are the ones that inspired me to create my two tangles. So I spent some time tangling with them. We did a lot of skiing together.

After they left we had a huge dump of snow here in SW Alberta. There was a total of 80 cms that fell in 3 days. So of course I had to go skiing again. I have skied 7 times in the last 10 days, 4 times downhill and 3 times Nordic. It's great to be retired.

Now I have some quilting and some interior decorating that is demanding my attention, so I might not be posting zentangles in the next little while. But there may be some quilting posts! After all I am The Quilting Tangler!

5 comments:

  1. WOW!!!!! This is a great zentangle, I love it. Especially the middle part is great and so is the touch of red.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is an outstanding Zendala. Your zendala looks very delicate, and your background where the zendala lies is just so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful Zendala. I love your modified Pepper and the touch of red is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful tangle. I look forward to seeing some quilt work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness this is beautiful! I love what you did to Squid and adore the tweak you made to the template!

    ReplyDelete